The Centre for Newcomers is a key not-for-profit resource centre for Calgary’s immigrants and refugees of all nationalities to receive settlement and integration services and information.
Founded in 1988, the Centre provides training programs and collaborative support services to promote full integration, cultural diversity, community participation, and citizenship, for more than 10,000 newcomers each year.
At the Centre for Newcomers, you will find a full suite of cost-free services and programs:
- English Language Program (LINC)
- Settlement and Integration Services
- Career Development and Job Search
- Canadian Business Essentials for Accountants
- EthniCity Catering Work Experience
- Youth Program
- Volunteer Development
- Multicultural Peer Mentorship for Professionals
Our staff offer services in more than 25 languages, including French, Amharic, Arabic, Hindi, Urdu, Mandarin, Cantonese, Punjabi, Spanish, Tagalog, Vietnamese and many others.
Click here to view or download our Program and Services Brochure.
Join us in making the difference!
Calgary business, community organization, or citizens can find opportunities to connect with
the Centre and our clients.
Hire a newcomer - newcomers bring a breadth of education and experience that enriches
Mentor a newcomer - Peer mentors have similar employment and cultural backgrounds to
support others in making the transition you have already made.
Mentor an immigrant youth - Growing up can be tough on its own, immigrant youth have
the added challenge of having to fit in and understand a whole new country.
- Volunteer at the Centre - Be part of creating a welcoming environment for newcomers to Canada.
- Donate to the Centre - Support our essential work with newcomers.