Youth Possibilities Program
Youth Possibilities Program is a 21-week program. It is a fulltime program with 9 weeks of Group-Based Employability Skills followed by 12 weeks of supported work experience.
What does the program offer
- Assistance in overcoming barriers to employment.
- Help to develop arrange of skills and knowledge to participate in current and future labour market
- Promoting education and skills as being key to labour market participation
- Immigrant or refugee aged 15-30
- Canadian-born youth from immigrant families who face employment barriers resulting from the experience of migration
- Unemployed, not in school, and not in receipt of EI benefits
- Legally entitled to work in Alberta
- Able to participate in group discussion and learning in English
The participants attend workshop sessions designed to enhance their employability skills, essential skills and understanding of the Canadian workplace culture. The program provides participants with necessary essential skills such a communication skills, problem-solving, goal setting skills, preparation and support to conduct an effective job search, integrate into the Canadian workplace and succeed on the job. Participants are monitored and provided support throughout the intervention by providing group or one-on-one support. Site visits are made by the staff to support the success of the placement.
For more information, please contact Raman 403.569.3325 ext 815
This project is funded by the Government of Canada’s Skills Link Program.