JOBS & CAREERS
The Centre for Newcomers offers career development and job search services to provide support and guidance to reduce barriers, clarify career goals and develop training plans that will help job seekers move towards their employment goals.
What does the program offer?
- One-on-one career advising by culturally competent Career Practitioners.
- Job search workshops, information and networking sessions.
- Assistance to process application for International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) subject to eligibility assessment.
- Referral to English language training.
- Basic Computer Skills and Online Job Search Workshops.
- Employment Insurance (EI) Application support.
- Job Search Centre access with free internet, computer use, fax, employment resource publications, resume printing and a resource counsellor to assist with job search questions.
How will you benefit?
- Learn what Canadian employers look for and what training you need to meet your employment goal.
- Understand how and where to look for job opportunities.
- Learn about effective resume & cover letter writing techniques, networking and interviewing skills.
- Unemployed or underemployed permanent residents, citizens or legally entitled to work or train in Canada.
- Looking for work or training who have language barriers.
For more information, please contact
Find out more about our cost-free services:Career Planning
Job Search Workshops
Drop-in Job Search Centre
Please visit out News & Events page for detailed list of ongoing workshops.
Alberta Learning Information Services (ALIS)
ALIS offers additional online resources related to jobs and careers. For more information visit the: