Canadian Business Essentials for Accountants
2017 September Intake: September 5, 2017 - April 27, 2018 (Work experience Feb 20 - Apr 27, 2018)
|Date and Time||Rooms|
|July 18, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.||113-114|
|August 1, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.||113-114|
|August 15, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.||113-114|
|September 12, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.||113-114|
|September 29, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.||113-114|
Are you an immigrant with experience in Accounting? Are you interested in pursuing your career in Canada?
What does the program offer?
Full time 34-week program includes:
- 9 weeks enhanced English language, Canadian workplace culture and job readiness training (Resume Writing, Interview and Networking Skills)
- 3 weeks of computer training and upgrading
- 12 weeks of accounting courses from an accredited educational institution
- 10 weeks of work experience
- Introduction to membership in professional accounting associations
- Develop Canadian accounting principles
- Enhance your business communication skills
- Develop your business computer skills
- Gain relevant work experience
- Apply accounting courses towards CMA/ CGA certification
- University degree in accounting or related discipline earned outside Canada
- Professional experience in accounting; currently not working in this profession
- Canadian Language Benchmark of 6 or higher
- Permanent Resident or Canadian Citizen
- Commitment to full-time, 34-week program
- In Canada for less than 10 years
We would like to invite you to participate as a Host Employer for one or more of our accountants during their Work Experience, August 14 - October 20, 2017. Your business or department will benefit from ten weeks of unpaid, full-time, professional accounting assistance; our participant benefits by gaining Canadian work experience and, we hope, a positive job reference.
403.569.3341(direct); 403.569.3325 (main); firstname.lastname@example.org
The Globe and Mail Foreign-trained accountants offered a path forward.
Bridging the Gap: How one accountant from Bangladesh is working towards his dream in Canada -Unable to work in his field as an accountant, a recent graduate of the Canadian Business Essentials for Accountants is now closer to completion of a designation as a Chartered Professional Accountant in Canada
Funding is available for eligible students through Alberta Human Services