Do you have questions about how to find work in your occupation, or what training program to take?
Are you wondering what job you qualify for in Calgary?
Career Development and Job Search Services can help you reach your employment goal.
What does the service offer?
- Personalized assistance from a Career Development Practitioner, who will help you to clarify and work towards your career goals
- Job search and career development workshops
- A Job Search Centre equipped with job board, online job search sites, workspace, computers, phone, fax, and a career and job search library. An Advisor is always available to answer any questions
- Assistance in English and other languages
- Understand the Canadian job market and learn to manage workplace expectations
- Explore whether you need further training to meet your employment goal
- Understand how and where to find job opportunities
- Present your qualifications in a manner that is appealing to Canadian employers.
- Develop appropriate job search tools - including a professional resume and cover letter - and skills, including networking and interviewing.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Unemployed or underemployed and looking for a job or training
Drop in to use the Job Search Centre.
• Must book an appointment with a Career Practitioner • English workshops - 2 nd and 3rd week of every month: Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm • Cover Letters and Resume Writing Techniques – First and last Wednesday of every month from 9am to 4:00pm • First language workshops - select days and time (please see a Career Practitioner for the weekly schedule)
This service is made possible through funding support from Alberta Human Services.