EthniCity Catering Training Program
Through the EthniCity Catering Training Program as a Kitchen Helper, you can gain valuable Canadian work experience and learn new skills to help you find a permanent job.
EthniCity Catering is a social enterprise of the Centre for Newcomers that provides transitional employment and training for immigrant and refugee women and men as well as a multi-ethnic menu for Calgary customers.
What does the program offer?
- A temporary and part-time Canadian job
- Training to work in a commercial kitchen
- Life skills and workplace essential skills training
- A food safety card from Alberta Health Services
- Support to look for permanent work
- Information about settling and adjusting to life in Canada
- Be paid to work in a commercial kitchen
- Earn a Canadian job reference
- Develop a social network and friendship with other newcomers
- Practice English in a supportive team environment
- Develop new skills for work in Canada
- Low-income immigrants/refugee to Canada
- Unemployed or underemployed and looking for a job
- Lack of Canadian work experience
- Commitment to a 10-week training and work experience
- Basic English language skills
- Limited formal education
Please note: This is not a cooking course
You can download and complete EthniCity Catering Application Form. Please, bring the completed form to our reception desk.
The office and commercial kitchen are located at the Centre for Newcomers at 1010, 999 - 36 St. NE.
For more information, call 403.536.8817 or email email@example.com
We gratefully acknowledge the support of our funding partners, the United Way of Calgary and Area and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Their support helps the Centre to provide relevant work experience and training for program participants, many of whom are just beginning their careers in Canada.